Characters or Heroes are the player's personal and customized soldiers to be used in the FPS portion of the game. The 'Heroes' section allows for creating, renaming, and customization of your soldiers. Soldiers are able to carry different weapons and be assigned combat badges that grant in-game perks; these can range from increased running speed to ammo pick-up from dead soldiers. Soldiers can enter into a battle where a player slot is available using resources from participating assault teams.
The six character classes in the game are:
|Character||Description||Equipment Points||Progression Level to unlock||Cost of hiring (rank 0)|
|Infantry||Able to spawn in Infantry/guard Assault Teams. A versatile soldier which can equip both bolt-action and semi-automatic rifles, submachine guns, light machine guns, and anti tank weaponry.||10||1||9200 |
|Paratrooper||Able to spawn in Paratrooper Assault Teams. Spawns on foot or on a Transport Plane, jumps out from plane into destination with a parachute. Also, they cannot carry some weapons but have a unique weapon only available for them, for example the German FG-42, and the American M1 Carbine.||8||5||71k |
|Recon||Able to spawn in Recon Assault Teams. Recon soldiers have access to more powerful scopes and weapon modifications. Able to spawn in Recon and Mechanized Recon Assault Teams. Recon can use Infantry Fighting Vehicles in Mechanized Recon and motorbikes in Motorized Recon.||8||9||208k |
|Tank Crew||Able to spawn in Tank Assault Teams. Spawns inside a tank of the specific type. Able to carry any equipment except for light machine guns, rifles and rocket launchers.||6||3||120k |
|Fighter Pilot||Able to spawn in Fighter Assault Teams. Spawns inside a fighter plane mid-air. Able to carry any equipment except for light machine guns, rifles and launchers. Carries a parachute.||6||7||200k |
|Generals||Does not participate in the FPS part of the game. Commands multiple Assault Teams of any type and is solely used in the Strategy Game.||N/A||12||1,969k |
Career Progression (rank)
By doing special deeds in combat, your character will increase his Rank; this will unlock additional perks for your character:
- At rank 6, a character becomes a Squad Leader. He can give orders to his Squad.
- At rank 12, a character can control Assault Teams and play a part in the Strategy Game.
- At rank 18, a character can be optionally upgraded to a General. Generals are solely used to control assault teams in the strategy game. Upgrading a character to general is free but is not reversible.
You can buy soldiers of any type (class), if you have:
- unlocked the character class
- the funds to buy it ( or )
|Steps on how to hire a new soldier|
|Go to the Heroes tab ingame, scroll down the list of character you currently own and select the box with a plus as indicated by the red circle.|
Only 30 soldiers per faction are able to be used in the Action Game. Having more than this will result in a prompt upon trying to go to battle:
|“||You are able to keep up to 30 soldiers on active duty per faction.
Soldiers on active duty are the ones that you can switch between while in battle.
You currently have [number of] soldiers on active duty (Generals do not count). This means you will no longer be able to bring all of them into battle and which ones will be available will be selected at random for every battle.
In order to guarantee availability of your roster, please send [number of] soldiers on leave.
|― Heroes & Generals|
[Old feature] Career change
Characters created before August 2016 can change career (class). Costs and Ranks to unlock those career changes are detailed below:
|Character||Rank to unlock||Cost of transfer|
|Tank Crew||5||114,000 |
|Fighter Pilot||6||114,000 |
Whatever the class, each character is customizable. In the lobby, the main panel is shown here.
- You can change your character's name by clicking on the pencil to the right of it in the blue box.
- The black box is the tabs to customize different parts of your loadouts*
- The green box is the equipped-items sub-menu where you can equip and modify each part of your loadout. It currently shows the equipment loadout. It will change as you select different tabs within the black box.
- Any item inside this box on any of the tabs will be actually available in battle
- The white box is the available equipment menu
- In the purple box it is divided into 4 categories:
- Some equipment is available (previously purchased and unequipped) - Image 1 (Gewehr 43)
- Some is ready-to-purchase - Image 2 (MP 34)
- Some is locked and requires completing a Ribbon first. You can click on the ribbon to see how close you are to unlocking it and how to unlock that specific ribbon. - Image 3 (C96)
*In the loadout tabs (black box), from left to right, you can show:
- Your equipment and weapons (3 equipment slots, +1 for Veterans)
- The vehicles you will access during battle
- The combat badges (various perks in battle and when controlling ATs) This can also be seen bottom left with heavy set currently equipped and +1 slot for Veterans
- The camouflage in which you will be dressed
- Your Assault Teams (rank 12+ only)
Weapons and equipment
- You can equip up to 3 (or 4) items
- You are also limited by equipment points which are weapon specific and vary based on the amount of ammo carried.
You can further customize weapons, see this section.
- The vehicles menu is shown in the purple box when the vehicles tab is selected in the black box and the menu is divided into multiple categories based on the character class:
- On vehicles, you can equip Supply Crates.
- On planes, you can change ammunition type.
- On Tanks, you can change ammunition type and equip supply crates.
You can further customize vehicles, see this section.
Strategies and Tips
Always keeping a standard infantryman character around makes you much more versatile on the battlefield, if your tanker is starting to run out of tank resources, you can continue on foot with your infantryman instead to avoid leaving the battle.