|“||The BA-64, also called the ‘bobik’ by it’s crew, is a small lightly armored 4x4 vehicle roughly based on the SdKfz 222 design. It is armed with a 7.62mm DT machinegun for defence and is used by the Soviet reconnaissance units.||”|
|― Heroes & Generals|
- The BA-64 has great DPS against targets it can penetrate, such as other IFV's, APC's, and early Light Tanks. The DT LMG can effectively outpace the SdKfz 222 in DPS, assuming the gunner is not shot out in the middle of the fight. However, the SdKfz's sloped armor can prevent shots from penetrating, resulting in occasional incomplete kills. Make sure to circle around your enemy to a point where you will maximize your penetration chances before opening fire.
- The BA-64 can effectively engage enemy aircraft with its' excellent gun elevation and decent turret turn rate. Using the DT against air is most effective in drawing the plane toward you, then headshotting out the pilot as he attempts to engage you with his nose guns.
- Additionally, the gun elevation of the DT LMG can give the gunner protection if he is unable to fire, such as during reload or re-arm times if the gun runs out of ammo. By aiming up and maxing out the gun elevation, the gunner's head will stay positioned behind the gun down in the chassis of the craft, preventing him from being headshotted out of the vehicle.
- Always stay mobile as a BA-64 driver. Your gunner is rather exposed compared to other IFV's, so your ability to maneuver the craft and avoid incoming fire effectively is your gunner's best defense, and thus your best defense.
The BA-64B is a lightly-armed scout car for the Soviet Union recon player, utilizing a 60-round DT light machine gun with armor-piercing cartridges that can penetrate light armor in some situations. The BA-64 has several useful features, in that the driver is relatively well protected from enemy fire due to the lack of side-facing viewing ports, and that the DT LMG uses special AP rounds giving it significantly better penetration than other contemporary LMG's, such as those found as the coaxial weapons on the T-20 and BA-6. However, the BA-64 has its' share of downsides:
- the BA-64's gunner's head is exposed above the top of the turret by a slight margin, making headshots on the gunner a relatively common occurrence compared to other IFV's.
- The BA-64 trades anti-armor capabilities for anti-infantry capability, which may or may not be what the battlefield calls for. Other IFV's such as the BA-6 do not sacrifice their coaxial LMG despite their armament improvement, resulting in fewer situations where the BA-64 is at any advantage to its contemporaries.
- The BA-64 has issues penetrating anything more than the lightest of armor, such as Terrain Vehicles, Planes, other IFV's, and early Light Tanks. It is equivalent to APCR rounds on the T38, for the most part.
- The BA-64 is rather slow, both in top speed and acceleration. Always stay mobile to avoid being shot out by enemy players.
- an HE round from an enemy tank to the driver viewing port will often splash the driver out of the vehicle, leaving the gunner exposed.
|Factory||Vasyugan Light||Kutuzov Two Tone||Light Green 4BO||Unpainted Metal||Leningrad Winter|
|Price (Credits)||100,000||93,000||Unknown||Unknown||Battle Pass Season 0|
Supply Crates and other upgrades can be fitted to your vehicle to aid yourself or nearby infantry.
|Name||Contents||Credits Cost||Gold Cost||Spawn Cost||Maintenance Load|
|Ammunition Supply Crate||Ammo||1,300||15||12||0:02s|
|Medic Supply Crate||Health||4,400||52||44||0:02s|
|Anti-tank Supply Crate||Panzerfaust 60||7,500||90||68||0:02s|
|Demolition Kit Supply Crate||Infantry Demolition Kit M1||Battle Pass Season 0||44||0:02s|
|Flame Thrower Supply Crate||Einstossflammenwerfer 46||Battle Pass Season 0||44||0:02s|