|“||The Soviet ‘Josef Stalin’ heavy tank is a direct response to the German heavy tanks. Its thick 120mm armor and massive 122mm main gun make it a deadly opponent to any tank on the battlefield.||”|
|― Heroes & Generals|
- IS-2 has 2 support MG gunner seats, 1 of which is located at the rear of its turret. Use it to surprise potential trailing anti-tank enemies.
- IS-2 has excellent reverse speed, a trait that can be exploited by capable tankers to a variety of effects.
- IS-2's critical compartments (ammo racks and fuel tanks) are all located in the forward hull section of the tank. Coupling this with a somewhat weak hull means the IS-2 can easily be severely damaged from the front. Emphasizing hull-down tactic when picking up fights against enemy armor is encouraged.
- Alternatively, it is also viable to face rearward towards hostile with the IS-2. By doing this, the tank's engine and transmission will take incoming damage instead of the critical components, allowing for longer survival time at the cost of being almost immobile after getting hit.
- The 122mm D-25T gun is the heaviest hitting tank gun in the game. Consequentially, it also has the longest reload time. It is crucial to ensure each shot's penetration, for a huge chunk of damage output will be lost for every non-penetrating or missing shot.
- Unlike other factions' tier 2 heavy tanks, the IS-2 lacks the second zoom on its scope, which hinders its ability to deliver firepower from a farther range.
- An ideal way to use the IS-2 is to get up close to well-armored targets (mainly the Tiger II) while staying away from tanks you can penetrate easily.
- Despite having very powerful weaponry, the IS-2 still struggles when dealing with Panzer VI Tiger II Ausf. Bs frontally. It is important to hit the latter's weakspots (Turret roof and hull MG port) in order to guarantee a penetration.
|Name||Explosion Damage/Radius||Penetration||Damage||Near/Far Range||Far Penetration||Far Damage||Correction Angle||Velocity||Credits Cost||Gold Cost||Cost per Shot||Maintenance Load|
|[122mm] 122mm BR-471||130 @ 1m||158mm - 178mm||1955 - 2300||10m/1500m||5%||30%||6°||800 m/s||10,000||120||25||0:00s|
|[122mm] 122mm OF-471||210 @ 12m||20mm - 40mm||630 - 1050||10m/1500m||5%||30%||0°||800 m/s||22,000||253||55||0:20s|
|[122mm] 122mm BR-471B||130 @ 1m||195mm - 212mm||1837 - 2089||10m/1500m||5%||50%||15°||800 m/s||21,000||245||52.5||0:15s
|[7.62×54mmR] BZT Armor Piercing||@ m||7mm - 17mm||15 - 20||10m/700m||10%||50%||2°||1133.16 m/s||
|Factory||Vasyugan Light||Kutuzov Two Tone||Light Green 4BO||Unpainted Metal||Leningrad Winter|
|Price (Credits)||200,000||185,000||Unknown||Unknown||Battle Pass Season 0|
Supply Crates and other upgrades can be fitted to your vehicle to aid nearby infantry.
|Name||Contents||Credits Cost||Gold Cost||Spawn Cost||Maintenance Load|
|Ammunition Supply Crate||Ammo||1,300||15||12||0:02s|
|Medic Supply Crate||Health||4,400||52||44||0:02s|
|Anti-tank Supply Crate||Panzerfaust 60||7,500||90||68||0:02s|
|Demolition Kit Supply Crate||Infantry Demolition Kit M1||Battle Pass Season 0||44||0:02s|
|Flame Thrower Supply Crate||Einstossflammenwerfer 46||Battle Pass Season 0||44||0:02s|
- Against armor