This article is about the US anti-tank mine, for other uses see M1A1 (disambiguation)
|“||The M1A1 is a circular steel cased U.S. anti-tank mines recognizable by its distinctive cross shaped pressure spider.||”|
|― Heroes & Generals|
The M1A1 Anti-Tank Mine is a pressure-activated mine used throughout World War II capable of doing massive damage to any vehicle unfortunate enough to strike it. It uses a distinctive and recognizable cross-shaped pressure plate, known as a spider. The mine only requires 250lbs (113kg) of pressure on the edge or 500lbs (227kg) from the center. It has two tamper-proof fuzes, one on the side and one beneath, to deter defusal and reuse by enemy engineers.
M1A1s are cheap to replenish compared to other anti-tank weapons. Setting up traps on roads and choke points is a very good way to stop enemy armor. It's possible to detonate a mine by shooting it, which means it's possible to damage stationary tanks with this weapon. Be careful when you place them! Friendly vehicles can also be destroyed with them, causing heavy casualties to the team. Be sure not to block paths that friendly vehicles will want to use. Due to the dark green color of this mine, it can be hidden in low grass around narrow passages, or between buildings.
- You can shoot a mine to destroy it regardless of your team even if it is a friendly mine. It is NOT advised to shoot friendly mines.
- Friendly mines have a skull symbol on top of it. Enemy mines do not. It is important that you look for these features to ensure the safety of yourself and your teammates.
- Let your teammates know when you are going to be using M1A1s. This will reduce the chances of teammates driving over them.
- When planting keep an eye on how many you place as you can only plant a maximum of 10 at a time, if you plant an 11th the first one you planted will despawn.
- If you keep getting killed by these mines, try looking at the ground before you enter an important area (e.g: Water Crossings and paths to Capture points)
- Carrying grenades can be a great way to disarm enemy mines.