|“||The M2A2 is an early American light tank. It is armed with a .50 and a .30 caliber machine gun mounted in two separate turrets. It is fast and dangerous to infantry and lightly armored vehicles.||”|
|― Heroes & Generals|
- Due to its dual turrets, the M2A2's primary turret can only traverse a few degrees to the right. Thus, in the absence of a secondary gunner, turn your M2A2 until it points somewhat to the right of your target; this gives you a much larger field of fire.
- APTC rounds are required to penetrate enemy tanks' weaker sections; Panzer Is and T38s on the other hand shouldn't prove a big challenge.
- The M2A2 is very fast. Use this mobility to your advantage.
- With the M2HB, the M2A2 is best used against personnel and lightly armored vehicles. Don't go tank hunting!
- Unlock and equip the HE ammo as fast as you can. These high explosive rounds are devastatingly effective against infantries mounted or on foot, and will help you to rank up faster.
- If you choose to engage enemy tanks, make sure to flank them and do it so they are on your left side. This is so you can turn with them if they move.
The M2A2 "Mae West" is an entry-level light tank utilized by the American army. Utilizing a .50 caliber M2 Browning machine gun as its' primary weapon, the M2A2 fires the highest caliber cartridge among the three LMG tanks. In addition to dealing more damage per bullet than either of the two competing LMG tanks (being able to 2HK infantry, compared to a 3HK for other LMG's), it packs a higher bullet penetration, with 10-32mm of penetration (100% chance and 0% chance, respectively) with stock ammunition, which can be boosted to 20-45mm. The M2 Browning utilizes a massive 100-round belt that allows it to easily dispose of enemy infantry by the truckload, in addition to the M2's signature double-turret design that allows it to carry a secondary gunner that can independently aim his turret to engage other infantry. Despite its sheer damage potential, the M2A2 has its' shortcomings:
- The M2A2's primary turret can only aim about 10-15 degrees to the right, while being able to spin to the left roughly 190 degrees. This creates a huge blind spot for the driver, as he is unable to directly engage any enemies approaching from the right side of the tank without turning the entire tank. To compound this issue, the turning speed of the M2 chassis is rather slow, often requiring the tanker to switch to his secondary gun to engage targets on the right side of the tank.
- The M2A2 only has 16mm of armor at best, meaning it is an easy target for almost any armor-penetrating weapon such as PTRD's, AT rockets, or AT grenades.
- The M2A2 is slow to accelerate, but has a great top speed. Try not to lose speed where possible.
- The M2A2 has a high center of gravity, making it prone to flipping if it strikes a low object such as a rock at high speed. Be careful when driving the M2A2 off road!
- Consider investing in Panzerfaust crates for the back of your tank. There are times when it is simply easier to hop out and sink two 'Fausts into a wounded target than it is to get your tank on target to finish him.
|Name||Explosion Damage/Radius||Penetration||Damage||Near/Far Range||Far Penetration||Far Damage||Correction Angle||Velocity||Credits Cost||Gold Cost||Cost per Shot||Maintenance Load|
|[.50 BMG] Caliber .50, Ball, M2||@ m||16.2mm - 19.8mm||38.25 - 45||10m/700m||5%||30%||2°||890 m/s||84||1||0.02||0:00s|
|[.50 BMG] Caliber .50, API, M1||@ m||20.7mm - 27mm||45 - 54||10m/1000m||5%||50%||2°||890 m/s||4,500||54||0.9||0:00s|
|[.50 BMG] Caliber .50 Pomeroy Explosive||37 @ 4m||5.4mm - 7.2mm||37.8 - 56.7||10m/700m||5%||50%||2°||852 m/s||3,800||45||1.9||0:20s|
|[.50 BMG] Caliber .50, AP, M2||@ m||40.5mm - 47.7mm||38.25 - 45||10m/500m||17.5%||30%||2°||900 m/s||850||10||0.17||0:00s
|M2 .30-06 Ball||@ m||3mm - 6mm||19 - 21||10m/700m||5%||30%||°||1107.6 m/s||
|Factory||Ardennes Four Color||Olive Drab & Black|
Supply Crates and other upgrades can be fitted to your vehicle to aid nearby infantry.
|Name||Contents||Credits Cost||Gold Cost||Spawn Cost||Maintenance Load|
|Ammunition Supply Crate||Ammo||1,300||15||12||0:02s|
|Medic Supply Crate||Health||4,400||52||44||0:02s|
|Anti-tank Supply Crate||Panzerfaust 60||7,500||90||68||0:02s|
|Demolition Kit Supply Crate||Infantry Demolition Kit M1||Battle Pass Season 0||44||0:02s|
|Flame Thrower Supply Crate||Einstossflammenwerfer 46||Battle Pass Season 0||44||0:02s|
- Against armor