|“||Armed with a 20mm cannon firing through the propeller hub and two 7.92mm machineguns the Bf 109D-1 is formidable against early war aircraft. What it lacks in engine power it more than makes up for in firepower.||”|
|― Heroes & Generals|
|Roll Rate at 60% Indicated Air Speed (Peak)||120°/s||3s|
|Roll Rate at 100% Indicated Air Speed (Max)||90°/s||4s|
|Roll Rate Acceleration||1.6°/s2|
- The BF 109D-1 is a tier 1 medium fighter. As such, it comes as no suprise that it is outmatched by pretty much all tier 2 and tier 3 fighters in every way possible.
- Downsides of the planes are plenty. For one, it is abysmally slow. The base speed is slow, and it should be no suprise that the turn speed is very slow as well.
- By far the biggest downside of the D-1 is the fact that it can't do proper rolls consistently. Quite often you will find yourself stopping in mid air while attempting a roll. This is why it is very much advisable to avoid rolling at all costs.
- Be careful with the 20MM cannon ammo on the D-1. You have only 60 of it per supply. For an experienced fighter, you may be able to take down 2-3 medium planes before running out. Drop your bomb as soon as you spawn to start the resupplying progress.
- For you to be effective with the D-1, you must treat it as an ambush plane. The speed is just enough to not allow your enemy to instantly escape your fire. The machine guns combined with the 20mm cannon are no joke, and can do serious damage to any plane. Start shooting at your enemies when they start turning, and you may be able to get the plane down.
- The slow speed can be used to your advantage when being chased. The classic trick of reducing your speed to zero works best with the D-1, because of it's naturally sluggish nature. The plane goes to low speed much faster, and as such can use this trick to great effect. It will only work so many times before the enemy catches on, though, so use it wisely.
|Name||Explosion Damage/Radius||Penetration||Damage||Near/Far Range||Far Penetration||Far Damage||Correction Angle||Velocity||Credits Cost||Gold Cost||Cost per Shot||Maintenance Load|
|[20×80RB] 20mm Panzergranate||@ m||30mm - 37mm||52.5 - 57.5||10m/1000m||5%||30%||°||740 m/s||1,800||21||0.9||0:00s|
|[20×80RB] 20mm Panzerbrandgranate||@ m||55mm - 65mm||52.5 - 57.5||10m/700m||17.5%||50%||°||785 m/s||5,400||64||2.7||0:10s|
|[20×80RB] 20mm Minengeschoß||48 @ 5m||10mm - 12mm||42 - 63||10m/1000m||5%||30%||°||700 m/s||10,000||120||5||0:20s
|S.m.K.H.||@ m||6mm - 10mm||28.5 - 31.5||10m/700m||17.5%||30%||2°||852 m/s|
|SC250||500 @ 30m||175mm - 200mm||3000 - 3200|
- Against armor